Java Software Engineer
We're looking for a Java software engineer for a full-time position to help us make Clockify even better.
Clockify is the world #1 free time tracker, used by hundreds of thousands of people in companies like Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, American Express, and Siemens.
Clockify is developed by COING, a software development company with more than 9 years of experience in software consulting. We have developed software solutions for hundreds of clients from all over the world.
years of experience
offices in Novi Sad,
San Francisco, and London
Good software above all else
At Clockify, we are result-oriented. We see what works and what doesn't work, and aim to constantly improve ourselves based on those conclusions. We apply these principles to both our business processes and our software development methodologies.
Test-driven, behavior-driven, and agile aren't just buzzwords around here - they're the foundation our company has been built on because we believe they are the best way to make good software, which is in the best interests of both our employees and clients.
Peaceful and quiet environment
We understand that software development is a highly intellectual process and that developers need large chunks of uninterrupted time in a peaceful and quiet working environment to maintain their flow.
Therefore we optimize our processes toward that end and do our best to provide peaceful and quiet environment. We're also be very happy to hear your thoughts on this matter to further improve our working conditions.
* Not from Serbia but still want to join us?
No problem. We can help you relocate and work with us in our offices in Serbia. In addition to sponsoring the Serbian work VISA, we also help our new team members with relocation so you don't have to worry about a thing (like finding a place to live, paperwork, settling down, etc.).
What we provide
- Relaxed and strongly result oriented environment
- 22 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Private health insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Trainings and language courses
- Unlimited free drinks
- Cereals for breakfast
- Lunch on Mondays
- Team building activities
- Equipment Multiple screens, SSD, fastest i5,16GB RAM
- Relocation assistance and work VISA (if you're not from Serbia)
- Web or enterprise Java system architecture design and development using modern methodologies and tool-chains (agile, domain-driven design, behavior-driven development).
- Drive best practice, quality and consistency in the code bases through code reviews and system design analysis.
- Identify opportunities to improve development methodologies and fine-tune our internal processes.
- A minimum of 2 years' commercial experience in Java software development, using the full Java application stack
- Strong skills with Spring and Hibernate or Java EE.
- Strong understanding of OOP and design patterns.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Must be based in Novi Sad (relocation assistance provided)
Nice to haves
- Experience with agile development methodologies (behavior-driven development continuous integration and delivery, executable documentation).
- Experience with DevOps tools (Ansible, Chef or Puppet, Vagrant).
- Proficiency with Linux or Unix, including writing shell scripts.
- Experience with NoSQL databases and distributed architectures.