Microsoft Dynamics AX Time Tracking Add-on
Integrate Clockify to the Project Management & Accounting module in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 & D365 F&O with the Time Connect add-on.
Don’t have Clockify account? Sign up free
How to set up Time Connect
Time Connect add-on for MS Dynamics AX 2012 & D365 F&O allows you to capture billable time with Clockify and send it to MS Dynamics to the project finances fully aligned and reduce administration time and errors.
The configuration of MS D365 F&O is legal entity specific. The configuration steps outlined below must be repeated for every legal entity that you want to use Clockify with Time Connect in.
Project ParametersPATH: Project Management & Accounting → Setup → Project Management and Accounting Parameters → Time Connect
In the parameter section you can configure the behaviour of the import to fit your needs, allowing you to use the sales and cost prices from the external system, define the journal type used and also define the base format of the import file.
- Use Cost Price – Activating this parameter will use the cost price passed on from Clockify, if it’s not activated then the cost prices from Dynamics is used instead.
- Use Sales Price – Activating this parameter will use the sales price passed on from Clockify, if it’s not activated then the cost prices from Dynamics is used instead.
- Decimal Separator – Depending on format settings of Clockify the decimal separator in the file can vary, you therefore need to configure the correct decimal separator her.
- Date Format – Select the date correct date format used by the file that’s imported.
Hour File MappingPATH: Project Management & Accounting → Setup → Time Connect → Hour file mapping
This form allows you to map the fields from the Clockify file to fields in the processing table. It’s designed to give you full flexibility of how the file is processed and also allow for the names in the fields of the file to be unrestricted.
As a minimum there must be a mapping to the following target fields:
- TransDate – This field is the transaction date of the expense.
- EmplID – This is the employee ID, which is used to link the transaction to the employee and vendor.
- CategoryName – This is used by the system to identify the correct project expense category to assign to the transaction, by looking up the value in “Expense category mapping”.
- ProjID - This is used by the system to identify the correct project to assign to the transaction, by looking up the value in “Project Mapping”, using a mapping for this means there’s no restriction on how you name and identify projects in Expensify.
- LinePropertyID - This is used by the system to identify the correct line property to assign to the transaction, by looking up the value in “Line property mapping”, this allows the connector to identify if the lines are billable or not.
- ProjQty - This is used by the system to identify to identify the qty of hours that’s being posted.
Note: please see the section “Recommended mapping for Clockify and Dynamics” for a full mapping table.
Project MappingPATH: Project Management & Accounting → Setup → Time Connect → Project Mapping
This form allows you to map the project ID’s or names used in Clockify to the project id’s in Dynamics. By having this mapping it’s possible to keep the naming of projects in Clockify user friendly, as working with project ID’s isn’t always easy for the user.
Hour Category MappingPATH: Project Management & Accounting → Setup → Time connect → Hour Category Mapping
This form allows you to map the category names used in Replicon to the Project Hour Category ID’s in Dynamics. By having this mapping it’s possible to keep the naming of Categories in Replicon user friendly.
Line Property MappingPATH: Project Management & Accounting → Setup → Time Connect → Line property mapping
This form allows you to map the billable attributes used in Clockify to the Project line properties in Dynamics. Which allows you to make sure that the correct transactions are billed to the clients.
Recommended mapping for Clockify & Dynamics 365 F&O
The following table outlines the recommended mapping between Harvest and Dynamics, although all fields aren’t included on the final transaction then including these allows for better audit trail in Dynamics and will support future functionality without having to update the mappings.
|Start Date||TransDate||Transaction date|
Info and support
DTime Connect for Microsoft Dynamics AX is a 3rd party integration developed by Digital Architect Group. Use at your own discretion
For more information and support, contact the add-on's developers
Get add-on for Dynamics AX and D365 F&O
Don't have Clockify account? Sign up free