Data we collect:
- ✓ Email address and password when you give this information to us by signing up for a Clockify account on Online Clockify, or by contacting us at our email. Please note that we do not collect your information if you are End User of Self-Hosted Clockify, unless you decide to sign up for our Newsletter in which case we collect the name, email address and password. If you choose to refer a friend to our Services, we may also collect your friend’s email address so that we may send them a referral or promotional code to sign up for our Services.
- ✓ Technical Data which includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, language preference, referring domain, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access Online Clockify and the Website.
- ✓ Email correspondence between you and us including but not limited to password reset, notifications and weekly reports which are automatically erased seven days after the date they have been received/sent.
- If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you, such as your name, phone number, content of the messages and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
Why do we collect personal data?
- ✓ So we can customize your every visit and make you feel at home on our Website.
- ✓ To better understand your needs related to our Service.
- ✓ For our own market research purposes so we can provide the best possible Service.
- ✓ To assist you while using the Service.
We collect your personal data when you:
- ✓ Visit our website
- ✓ Give this information to us (for example, by logging in or signing up for Clockify).
- ✓ Contact customer support or sign up for the newsletter
|Purpose of processing||Legal Basis|
|To register a new User, create and maintain the Account.
To provide Services in relation to Online Clockify.
To provide product technical support.
|Processing is necessary for the performance of the Agreement or to enter into such Agreement with you.|
|To provide you with the information about Clockify.
To understand the flow of traffic on our Website and to provide a better Website experience and to understand the needs of Users.
|Your consent - unless you are purchasing the Service or part thereof, the provision of your personal data is not a statutory or a contractual requirement and you may refuse to disclose any data.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent prior to such withdrawal.
|To manage and operate Clockify keeping it updated and relevant,
To measure your interest and improve our Services,
To ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device,
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us,
To notify you about any changes to the Website, policies, products and services,
To assist in providing the highest level of customer care.
|The processing is necessary to support our legitimate business interests in managing our business provided such interests are not overridden by your interests and rights.
Please note that you have a right to object to the processing of your personal data where that processing is carried on for our legitimate interest at any time.
|For the prevention and detection of fraud, money laundering or other crimes or for the purpose of responding to a binding request from a public authority or court.||The processing is necessary to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.|
We do not:
- ✓ Sell any kind of personal information or data.
- ✓ Disclose this information to other marketers. However, your personal data may be shared with third-parties only when you share your Workspace as Admin User or you join someone else’s Workspace as Team Member.
- ✓ Manipulate your data in any way, other than stated here.
We protect your data by:
- ✓ Taking administrative, technical and other reasonable measures of precaution.
- ✓ Following the best practices and latest security techniques that Amazon Web Services provides.
- ✓ Implementing strict internal guidelines to ensure that your privacy is safeguarded at every level of our organization.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal data, we use the appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure.
We might occasionally:
- ✓ Release non-personally identifying information (eg. a report on our product, services, and general time tracking trends).
- ✓ Ask you to participate in voluntary surveys.
- ✓ Ask you to send us a testimonial or review our product or Service.
- ✓ Send you emails about what's new with Clockify or send a notification inside the app.
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject whose personal information we hold, you have certain rights. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email us or use the information supplied in the Contact us section below.
Your rights are as follows:
1. Right of Access - you can request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
2. Right to Data Portability - where you have provided personal data to us, you have the right to receive such personal data back in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format, and to have those data transmitted to a third-party data controller without hindrance but in each case only where:
- - The processing is carried out by automated means; and
- - The processing is based on your consent or on the performance of a contract with you.
3. Right to be Forgotten - you have the right to request that your personal data be deleted in certain circumstances including:
- • The personal data are no longer needed for the purpose for which they were collected;
- • You withdraw your consent (where the processing was based on consent);
- • You object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds justifying us processing the personal data;
- • The personal data have been unlawfully processed; or
- • To comply with a legal obligation.
However, this right does not apply where, for example, the processing is necessary:
- • To comply with a legal obligation; or
- • For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
4. Right to Restriction of Processing - if the accuracy of the personal data is contested, the processing is unlawful but you do not want it erased, we no longer need the personal data but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or you have objected to the processing and verification.
5. Right to object - you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in those cases where we are processing your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests. In such a case we will stop processing your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate interests which override your interests.
6. Right to Complain - if you have any concerns or requests in relation to your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 30 days.
How long do we keep your data?
We store your personal data throughout the time you have User Account on Online Clockify. Immediately after your account is closed, we erase all your personal data.
We reserve the right to store or delete your personal data earlier or later than set forth herein if required to do so by an applicable law or regulation and for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
Where do we store personal data?
No information from children under the age of 18
This Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. If you are under the age of 18, please do not attempt to register with us on this Website or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to other websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of those third-party websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those practices. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Last updated: 24 May 2018