Generate screenshots randomly every 5 minutes while the timer is running.
Screenshots is an extra feature, which you can enable by upgrading your workspace to Enterprise plan. You can try out the feature for free by activating the free 7-day trial (no credit card required).
Data gathering and privacy #
Screenshots can't be recorded without user's knowledge. In order to record screenshots:
- Admin has to enable "Activate screenshot capturing" in workspace settings
- All workspace members will receive a notification when screenshot capturing is enabled via both the web and the desktop app
- User has to install the screenshot recording app
- Screenshots are taken only while the timer is running (no matter from where you started the timer) AND you have the screenshot recording app installed
- Screenshots are captured once every 5 minutes, at a random moment
- Screenshots are low-resolution and blurred by default for privacy and security reasons
- Each regular user can see all their screenshots. Admin sees all screenshots in the workspace
- Each screenshot is tied to a time entry. If the time entry is deleted, its screenshots are deleted also
- If a user deletes a screenshot, the time between the previous and current screenshot will be subtracted from the total time
- You can view screenshots for the past 7 days. All screenshots older than 7 days are deleted forever automatically.
Windows app #
Screenshot recording app for Windows is used only for screenshot capturing.
Once installed, you'll need to log in and after that it will be minimized to system tray and work in the background. Every time you have the timer running online, it will take screenshots.
App supports workspaces on subdomain, custom domain, and SSO login.
To actually track time, you can download a separate desktop app for Windows, or track time from the web app or the browser extension.
Mac app #
Screenshot recording app for Mac is used both for screenshot capturing and tracking time.
Viewing screenshots #
When screenshots are enabled, all users in the workspace will see the Activity > Screenshots page in the sidebar.
Regular users can see all their personal screenshots, and admins can see everyone's.
All active users in the workspace are listed, and next to each person you can see the total number of recorded screenshots in that day.
If a person has screenshots, you can click on their name or the expand icon in the right corner to see the screenshots and when each was recorded.
You can click on a screenshot to open gallery view, and then go back and forth between screenshots.
To see screenshots for other days, click on < or > in the upper right corner next to the date (you can go back up to past 7 days).
Deleting screenshots #
Both admins and regular users can delete screenshots by clicking on the trash icon when you hover over some screenshot.
Regular users can delete only their personal screenshots - unless the time entry is locked or approved (in which case the admin needs to do delete it).
To delete a screenshot that was captured from a currently running timer, you first need to stop the timer, and then you can delete the desired screenshot.
When screenshot is deleted by a regular user, the time between that and the screenshot before it will be subtracted from the time entry's total time. If an entry has only one screenshot, the whole time entry will be deleted. Deleting a screenshot for an approved time entry won't affect the entry.
Admins can delete anyone's screenshot without the time subtraction.
If a time entry that has a screenshot is deleted by users or admin, all its screenshots are deleted automatically. If a user deletes their account, all their screenshots are deleted also.
All screenshots older than 7 days are deleted forever automatically.
There is no undo when a screenshot is deleted. Each delete is permanent and non-retrievable.