You can prevent users from adding incomplete time entries with required fields. This will ensure that all time entries have a mandatory minimum amount of information assigned to them, so your reports are organized and accurate at all times.
You can make these fields mandatory:
Required fields is an extra feature, which you can enable by upgrading your workspace.
How to enable required fields #
On the Workspace Settings page, administrators can define which fields on a time entry are mandatory before the time entry can be created.
Note: when the task is a required field, projects that don’t have tasks don’t show up in the project picker.
How it works #
For example, if you check Project and Task as required:
- No one can add a time entry without a project and task (not even admins)
- The timer can be started but can’t be stopped until you add a project and task
- Past entries can’t be edited unless they have a project and task
If you have timesheet enabled #
If you have timesheet enabled:
- Project field automatically becomes a required field and can’t be turned off
- Tag and Description can no longer be required fields (because they can’t be added in the timesheet)
- You can only choose whether you want to add Task to be a required field