Free Windows time tracker
Clockify is the most popular free time tracking app for Windows that lets you and your team log hours straight from your desktop while working.Don't have an account? Sign up free
How to track time with Windows desktop app
Create Clockify account
Download Windows time tracking app
Start the timer
When you start working, just click the button to start the timer. You can also continue timer from previous activity.
Stop the timer and enter details
You can enter what you've worked on and add a project, task, tag, and billability status.
Add time manually
Forgot to start the timer? Switch to manual mode and add how much time you've worked manually.
Enable auto tracker
Clockify can track what apps and websites you use so you can later create time entries based on time spent in other apps, either one by one or in bulk (data is visible only to you).
Don't forget about the timer
Desktop app has a lot of handy features that can help you better track time, which you can enable in Preferences:
- Default project: Track time without having to manually select the project all the time.
- Auto start/stop: Let Clockify automatically start the timer when you turn on your computer and stop the timer when the computer is turned off.
- Idle detection: Forgot to stop the timer? Windows app can recognize when you're inactive so you can discard idle time.
- Reminders: Receive a notification when you forget to start the timer.
- Pomodoro: Work in intervals and get notified when it's time to take a break.
Use web version
In the web version, you can review and export reports, manage projects, invite people, and review timesheets.