Free Project Time Tracker
Clockify is the most popular free project time tracker. Track how many billable hours you and your employees spend working on projects and calculate profitability.
A modern time tracker for projects
Clockify is a completely free project time tracker that lets your employees track how much time they spend working on tasks related to their projects. It helps you restructure your entire day by having all of your tasks mapped out and tracked to the last second.
Track billable and non-billable time
Employees can track time using an online timer, or enter how much they've worked manually on each project and task in a timesheet at the end of the day. You can maximize your revenue and bill clients for every work minute by making sure you log every call, e-mail, and meeting.
Manage projects and monitor progress
Create tasks and assign people to them so they can track time against them. Estimate how long each task should take and visually analyze everyone’s progress in the Dashboard.
See project profitability
You can use Clockify to:
- Run a report which will break down all the tracked time and group it by project and client.
- See how much of it is billable and how much you've earned that week or month based on your hourly rates.
- Export data to bill clients or for payroll.
Clockify is available on all major platforms — Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. Also, you can use the project time tracking app as a browser extension or you can integrate it with over 80 other project and task management apps, such as Trello or Asana.
Project time tracking benefits
Use time tracking data from projects to:
- Improve yours and your team's productivity,
- Maximize time spent on high-value clients and projects,
- Minimize time spent on non-billable work,
- Increase efficiency by having a detailed track of everyone’s tasks, and
- Map out everyone’s responsibilities during a working week.
Who uses Clockify and why?
Clockify is not a simple project time tracking app — its functionality encompasses many fields and applications, from task management, accounting, and team management to basic time tracking.
Here’s a rundown of who can benefit the most from Clockify:
- Freelancers to keep track of their billable hours and productivity
- Teams in agencies so they can know how much they need to bill their clients
- Large companies so they can track project profitability, employee productivity, and payroll
- Governmental and non-governmental organizations for legal reasons
- Remote companies and entrepreneurs so they can know what each contractor worked on