The browser extension is open-sourced so feel free to create new integrations or improve existing ones.
Syncing projects #
The extension can also pick up project name from another app if there’s a project in Clockify with the same name (eg. example, you have a “Project X” in both Clockify and Asana/JIRA/Trello/Todoist).
Clockify extension is able to pick up projects only from Asana, JIRA, Trello, and Todoist at the moment.
If you want to keep projects synced, you can use Zapier (eg. when a new project is created in Asana, create it in Clockify too, and vice versa).
Enable/disabled button #
If you don’t want the button to appear in certain web apps, you can disable it in Integrations (open extension and click on the menu icon in the upper right corner).
If you use a self-hosted / on-premise version of some app (like JIRA or Gitlab), at the bottom of the Integrations page you can specify your domain where you have the app installed.
Connect Clockify to hundreds of other apps with Zapier #
Zapier lets you connect Clockify to 1,500+ other web services. Automated connections called Zaps, set up in minutes with no coding, can automate your day-to-day tasks and build workflows between apps that otherwise wouldn’t be possible.
Each Zap has one app as the Trigger, where your information comes from and which causes one or more Actions in other apps, where your data gets sent automatically.
How do I connect Clockify to Zapier? #
- Log in to your Zapier account or create a new account.
- Navigate to “Connected Accounts” from the top menu bar.
- Now click on “Connect new account” and search for “Clockify”
- Use your credentials to connect your Clockify account to Zapier.
- Once that’s done you can start creating an automation! Use a pre-made Zap or create your own with the Zap Editor. Creating a Zap requires no coding knowledge and you’ll be walked step-by-step through the setup.
- Need inspiration? See everything that’s possible with Clockify and Zapier.
If you have any additional questions, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Popular use cases #
- Clockify + Asana – Add new Asana projects to Clockify
- Clockify + Asana – Add new Asana tasks to Clockify
- Clockify + Google Calendar – Create an event in Google Calendar from time tracked in Clockify
- Clockify + Google Calendar – Start the timer in Clockify when an event in Google Calendar starts
- Clockify + Trello – Create Clockify projects from new Trello boards
- Clockify + Trello – Start time when you move a card from “To-Do” to “In Progress”
- Clockify + Slack – Share new Clockify time entries in Slack
- Clockify + Slack – Set Slack status when you start a new time entry in Clockify
- Clockify + QuickBooks – Add new QuickBooks customers to Clockify as clients
- Clockify + Github – Add new GitHub issues to Clockify as new tasks
- Clockify + Gmail – Get a scheduled summary of Clockify time entries delivered to Gmail
- Clockify + Google Sheets – Add new Clockify time entries to a Google Sheets spreadsheet
FAQ about integrations #
I get an error about missing project when I try to stop the timer #
If you have Timesheet enabled, project is automatically a required field. To stop the timer, you’ll have to open your timer and select a project.
Tip: you can set a default project so each time you start a timer, project is selected automatically (you can enable it by opening the extension and go to Settings).
I’m using on-premise version of some app #
No problem. In the extension options, select “URL & Permissions”, scroll down to the bottom, select the tool you’re using (eg. Gitlab), and enter your custom domain.
Help, I don’t see the button #
If you don’t see the button, first make sure you’re logged-in in the extension. If that doesn’t help, restart the browser.
Also, make sure the integration is enabled in URL Permissions (when you open the extension, click on options icon in the upper right corner).
If you still don’t see the button, send us an email and we’ll look into the problem. Sometimes integrations breaks due to update in other apps. If you don’t want to wait for us to fix the integration, feel free to help us out by contributing to our codebase.