As an admin, you can see your team members' timesheets and add time on their behalf.
Adding time for others is an extra feature, which you can enable once by upgrading your workspace to any of the paid plans. You can try out the feature for free by activating the free 7-day trial (no credit card required).
Adding time in Timesheet #
Here's what you need to do to add/edit time on your team member's timesheet:
- Go to your Timesheet Page
- Click the Teammates button and select a Teammate to view their Timesheet
- Choose a Project or a Task
- Add/edit time for that Teammate
Please note that you would first need to enable Timesheet View in order to see the Timesheets. You can do this in the Workspace settings.
Adding time in the Detailed report #
If you need to be more specific regarding the time entry, you can add time on your team members' behalf directly from Detailed Reports page with just a few clicks.
You can add time for a one or multiple users at once.
- Hover over Reports on the sidebar and click Detailed
- Click "Add time for others" button
- Click "Select user"
- Choose members or groups for whom you would like to add time
- Enter start and end time and pick a date
- Click Add
You can also add a description, select a project, add tags and choose if the time entry is billable or not.
In addition to adding time for someone else, you can also reassign entries to a different user. You can reassign entries one by one (by clicking on entry's user and choosing a different person), or in bulk form the bulk edit screen.
Have in mind that only owner or admins can add or edit another person’s time entries. Regular users can only edit their own time entries.
Add time in Calendar #
- Go to the Calendar page
- Click the Teammates button and select a Teammate to view their Calendar
- Click on any open time slot to add a time entry
- Click and drag up or down to create a time entry for the desired time slot