The browser extension is open-sourced so feel free to create new integrations or improve existing ones.
Syncing projects and tasks #
The extension can also pick up project name from another app if there's a project in Clockify with the same name (eg. example, you have a "Project X" in both Clockify and Asana/JIRA/Trello/Todoist).
Clockify extension can also create and select projects, tasks, and tags based on the integration:
- If there's a project or task with the same name in Clockify, it will be selected
- If there's no project or task, and you have the permission to create it (based on workspace settings), a new one will be automatically created and selected
To enable creation of projects/tasks/tags, you first need to enable it in the extension's Settings.
Note: each integration is different. For example, task and project can be created from Asana, Gitlab will also pick up tags, but Gmail won't do anything except pickup description.
If you need support for this in other integrations, feel free to contribute code to the extension on Github.
Disable integrations #
If you don't want the button to appear in certain web apps, you can disable it in Integrations (open extension and click on the menu icon in the upper right corner).
If you use a self-hosted / on-premise version of some app (like JIRA or Gitlab), at the bottom of the Integrations page you can specify your domain where you have the app installed.
Connect Clockify to hundreds of other apps #
Zapier and Integromat lets you connect Clockify to 1,500+ other web services. Automated connections can be set up in a few minutes, require no coding, and they can automate your common day-to-day tasks.
Use cases: #
- Add new Asana projects to Clockify
- Add new Asana tasks to Clockify
- Create an event in Google Calendar from time tracked in Clockify
- Start the timer in Clockify when an event in Google Calendar starts
- Create Clockify projects from new Trello boards
- Start time when you move a card from "To-Do" to "In Progress"
- Share new Clockify time entries in Slack
- Set Slack status when you start a new time entry in Clockify
- Add new QuickBooks customers to Clockify as clients
- Add new GitHub issues to Clockify as new tasks
- Get a scheduled summary of Clockify time entries delivered to Gmail
- Add new Clockify time entries to a Google Sheets spreadsheet
FAQ about integrations #
I get an error about missing project when I try to stop the timer #
If you have Timesheet enabled, project is automatically a required field. To stop the timer, you'll have to open your timer and select a project.
Tip: you can set a default project so each time you start a timer, project is selected automatically (you can enable it by opening the extension and go to Settings).
I'm using on-premise version of some app #
No problem. In the extension options, select "Integrations", scroll down to the bottom, select the tool you're using (eg. Gitlab), and enter your custom domain.
Help, I don't see the button #
If you don't see the button, first make sure you're logged-in in the extension. If that doesn't help, restart the browser.
Also, make sure the integration is enabled in URL Permissions (when you open the extension, click on options icon in the upper right corner).
If you still don’t see the button, send us an email and we'll look into the problem. Sometimes integrations breaks due to update in other apps. If you don't want to wait for us to fix the integration, feel free to help us out by contributing to our codebase.