Optimizing Clockify performance across browsers
Issue: Access Clockify via different browsers #
Problem: Experiencing issues when trying to access Clockify via different browsers #
You can’t access Clockify via the browser you’re using.
We don’t support Internet Explorer and older versions of Microsoft Edge.
- Update to the latest version of the Microsoft Edge
- Log out and log in again
- Clear browser’s cache and cookies
- Reinstall apps and extensions
Open Chrome Console (Ctrl+Shift+J for Win or Cmd+Opt+J for Mac) and repeat the action you wanted to perform initially (e.g. download report).
Clear the AppData folder is hidden by default and you might not be able to see it right away.
Can you try to do a clean reinstall? Here are the steps you should make:
- Open File Explorer and click on the View button then select the Hidden items checkbox
- Go to C:\Users<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Programs and delete the Clockify folder from the Programs folder
- Go to C:\Users<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming and delete the Clockify folder from the Roaming folder
– Please note that <yourusername> is your User folder so the name will be different for you depending on how you named your system
- Go to our website and download the Clockify app again, then install it again
- Download and unzip Safari extension file
- Open Safari and navigate to Settings
- Open Advanced tab in Settings
- Click Show Develop menu in menu bar at the bottom of the tab
- Develop option appears at the Safari top bar
- Click newly-added Develop menu
- Mark Allow unsigned extension option (every time you close Safari extension, this option will be unchecked)
- Navigate back and double-click the extracted Safari extension file
- Click the Quit and Open Safari Settings button after new Safari window pops up
- In the Extension tab in Safari Settings, left click on the Clockify extension and enable it
- Click Always allow on all websites
- Now, open Safari browser and log in