There are two types of managers in Clockify:
- Project manager: can view all tracked time on their projects, and edit everything on their projects (eg. set estimates, add tasks, manage project access, etc)
- Team manager: can view all tracked time of their team members (can't edit or delete time) and approve their submitted timesheets
Team manager role is an extra feature, which you can enable by upgrading your workspace to the Enterprise plan. You can try out the feature for free by activating the free 7-day trial (no credit card required).
Giving manager rights #
To make someone a manager:
- Go to Team page
- Click on +Role next to the user you wish to make a manager
- Check whether you wish them to manage projects or team members
- Select which projects/members they should manage
- Click Save
It's also possible to give someone Project Manager role on the projects page when you click on the Access tab of a project.