There are two types of managers in Clockify:
- Project manager: can view all tracked time on their projects, and edit everything on their projects (eg. set estimates, add tasks, manage project access, etc)
- Team manager: can view all tracked time of their team members, edit their team's time (if enabled), and approve their submitted timesheets
"Hide page" feature affects managers also. Managers can always see Reports, plus project manager can see Projects page.
Team manager role is an extra feature, which you can enable by upgrading your workspace to Standard, Pro, or Enterprise plan. You can try out the feature for free by activating the free 7-day trial (no credit card required).
Giving manager rights #
To make someone a manager:
- Go to Team page
- Click on +Role next to the user you wish to make a manager
- Check whether you wish them to manage projects or team members
- Select which projects/members they should manage
- Click Save
It's also possible to give someone Project Manager role on the projects page when you click on the Access tab of a project.
Team managers can also edit their team member's time entries if you enable it (Settings >Permissions > Who can edit time for others: Admins and team managers).