A workspace is a collection of people and projects in Clockify. When you first create a Clockify account, you automatically get a workspace. A workspace contains all the time entries, projects, people, and settings.
A workspace is a top level segregator. All time entries, teams, clients, and projects are assigned to a specific workspace.
With a single Clockify account, you can create or join multiple workspaces. These workspaces you belong to are their own separate entities, each with their own unique set of users, projects, and time entries.
Since each workspace is a separate entity, people who are not part of the workspace cannot see them, nor can you see on on what workspaces others may belong to.
You can create and/or be part of multiple workspaces.
Multiple workspaces are useful when you want to have a separate account for each sub-company or a department. This way, things won’t mix up and you can have different access levels.
For example, if you have two companies or departments, you can create two workspaces, and invite different people to each one. Then, you can switch between them as needed.
Or, you can be a team member in one workspace and track time for the company you work for, plus have a personal workspace where you’ll keep track of personal stuff and be admin.
Everything in Clockify is tied to a specific workspace, so time entries you made in one workspace aren’t visible in another.
Only Admins of a workspace can see and edit Workspace settings. There, you can:
- Enable Timesheet View
- Change currency and workspace name
- Set workspace hourly rate
- Upload company logo (which will be displayed in branded reports)
- Control who can see hourly rates and create projects
- Create, edit, and delete user groups, tags, and clients
- Manage extra features (like private time entries, lock timesheets, required fields, and time rounding)
Anyone can create a workspace by going to Workspaces and clicking “+ Create new workspace”.
When you create a workspace, you are automatically that workspace’s original admin (which means only you can remove people from Admins user group). Learn more who can do what here.
Switching between workspaces #
If you’re a part of more than one workspace (either as admin or a regular member), you can switch between them anytime you want.
You can switch by:
- Hovering over your profile picture and clicking on the workspace you want to switch to
- Or by going to Workspaces and clicking Activate
Changing the workspace will affect all pages and settings, except User settings (which are the same across workspaces).
Leaving a workspace #
You can leave a workspace by going to Workspaces and clicking the exit icon that’s next to the Settings button.
You can’t leave an Active workspace; to leave, you first have to switch to another workspace.
When leaving a workspace have in mind:
- If you leave a workspace where you’re not the owner, to return, someone who’s in that workspace needs to invite you again (and you need to accept the new invite).
- Owners can’t leave the workspace until they either transfer ownership to someone else or are the only member left in the workspace.
- If you’re the owner of the workspace (and the only member left) and leave the workspace, the whole workspace will get deleted. All time entries and settings will disappear and this is irreversible.
Transfer owner role #
If you’re leaving the company or for any other reason want to transfer the Owner’s role to someone else, you can do this at any time:
- Go to the Team page
- Click the three little dots near the team member’s name whom you would like to set as the new Owner
- Select “Transfer owner role”
When you transfer the owner’s role, you’ll be downgraded to an admin and no longer be in charge of the workspace.
Team member you gave the owner’s role to will receive a notification that you made them the new owner of the workspace.
Note: Only the current owner of the workspace can transfer ownership to another user. The only way to get back the ownership of the workspace is if the new owner transfers the role back to you.
Delete Workspace #
You can delete your own workspace when you leave it by going to Workspaces and clicking the exit icon that’s next to the Settings button. Since owners can’t leave workspace until they either transfer ownership to someone else or are the only member left in the workspace, to delete the workspace you own you’ll need to remove all team members and then leave the workspace.
Please note that you can’t delete a workspace if that’s the only workspace you have. To delete it, you’ll need to create another workspace and make that workspace Active. Then you can delete the other workspace.
When the owner of the workspace leaves it, the workspace is deleted automatically, forever.
This can’t be reversed. Once a workspace is closed, it can’t be reopened.