Clockify Time Tracker for Chrome lets you track time from anywhere on the web, without having to open Clockify.
How it works #
Once you install the extension, type what you’re working on and start the timer.
To edit the running time, click on the running entry to bring up its details. There you can change the description, change running time, mark time as billable, and add project and tags.
You can also edit past time entries by clicking on them.
You can also add time manually (once you switch to manual mode in the settings).
To quickly continue tracking time, click on the play icon for the time entry you wish to continue, and the timer will start ticking again for that entry.
Keyboard shortcuts #
Press Ctrl+Shift+X to start a timer without having to open the extension.
If you have a running timer, pressing Ctrl+Shift+X will stop it.
Track time from selected text #
- Selecting any text in the browser (eg. task name in Trello, email subject in Gmail, issue in Github)
- Right-click on the selected text
- Click “Start timer with description” in the right-click menu
Coming soon #
- Reminders: Get a notification if you’ve forgotten to track time during your work hours.
- Pomodoro timer: Work in 25min increments and get a notification when it’s time to take a break.
- Idle detection: Clockify will detect when you’re inactive so you don’t add idle time by accident.
- Start/stop automatically: Automatically start the timer when you open browser.