Install Clockify on your iPhone or iPad and track time while on the go.
Download Clockify for iOS on the App Store →
Supports iOS 11.0 and higher
To use Clockify app, you first have to log in to your Clockify account:
- Enter email and password of your Clockify account
- Tap "Log in with Google" if you've associated your Clockify account with your Google account
If you don't have a Clockify account yet, you can create it by clicking the "Create an Account" button.
Custom domain and subdomain login #
Self-hosted users (Server plan) using a custom domain or users with Enterprise plan with a subdomain can also use the iOS app. To sign in open the app and:
- Find the "Using self-hosted version? Click here" or "Using a subdomain? Click here" link at the bottom of the app screen
- Enter your server/domain address and submit
- Log in with your e-mail and password or SSO
Login with Apple login #
You can use the Apple login to sign up and log in to Clockify iOS app. You will be assigned an email with an Apple id.
If you want to keep using this Apple Id email with the Clockify web app too, you would first need to set the password in the iOS app's settings.
Since the web browser version does not support Apple login, make sure to use the Apple Id email address you were assigned to and the password you set to log in to the web app.
Time Tracker #
Once you've logged in, you'll be on the Time Tracker screen, where you'll see your most recent time entries.
To navigate to other parts of the app, swipe left to open the main sidebar.
Time Tracking #
Time Tracker screen lists your 50 most recent time entries. Here you can:
- Switch between timer and manual mode: tap "> Switch entry mode"
- Create a new time entry: tap on the blue play (timer) or plus (manual) button
- Continue tracking time for a recent task: swipe right on a time entry
- Delete a time entry: swipe left on a time entry
- See the timer ticking at the bottom, if it's running
- Edit time entries: tap a time entry or the running timer to edit
- See past time entries: swipe up from the middle of the screen
Clockify does an automatic sync every time you perform an action. If you are offline, Clockify will sync as soon as you're online. If you don't perform any action, you'll have to do a manual sync by swiping down from the middle of the screen.
Clockify groups similar time entries under one expandable entry. If you wish to see entries in chronological order, go to Profile settings in the web app and turn off "Group similar time entries".
Creating a time entry
- Choose time entry mode
- Tap plus/play icon in the lower right corner when you start working
- Fill details (description, start/end time, project, task, billability, tags)
- If in timer mode, stop the timer when you stop working
Continue the timer for an existing time entry by swiping left on the time entry and tapping Continue. Then, a new time entry with the same description, project, client, and tags will be created, and the timer will start ticking for it.
There's an autocomplete option available when you click on an entry and start typing a description.
Timer widget #
You can quickly start and stop the timer from your phone without having to open the app. Widget makes switching time between tasks easier so you can track time with one tap. Just click on the project to start adding time to it, and switch projects simply by clicking another project.
You can also start/stop or continue the latest timer with haptic touch (3d touch) when you long-press the app icon.
How to add a widget to your homescreen:
- Go to widgets screen on your iOS (left screen from homescreen)
- Go to the bottom of the page and tap "Edit"
- Scroll down to "More widgets" and activate Clockify widget
- Tap on play button to start a new timer
- Tap "Show more" to see previous three activities, so you can quickly continue a previous timer
Timesheet mode #
You can log how much time you've spent on projects for each day in the week in the Timesheet (Timesheet has to be enabled in workspace settings first).
- Add project/task
- Tap on the field next to the added project for the day you want to log time
- Enter time
- When a new week starts, you can reuse project/task combination from last week or apply a template
Editing time entry #
To edit a time entry, simply tap on it from the Time Tracker screen. If the timer is running, you can edit details of that time entry by tapping on the timer.
On Time entry details screen you can:
- Edit start and end time, as well as the date
- Select task and project (plus create project, tasks, and clients from within the app)
- Edit time description
- Mark time entry as billable
- Add/remove tags (plus create them)
Note: Regular (non-admin) team members aren’t able to create clients, projects, and tags if they are not granted these permissions. To give them such permissions, you will need to log in via Web browser and set "Who can create projects and clients", "Who can create tasks" and "Who can create tags" to Everyone in the Workspace settings.
Anytime you edit something, Clockify will automatically save the changes and sync data.
To delete a time entry, go back to Time Tracker screen, swipe left on the time entry, and tap Delete.
Adding a new project #
- Click on an entry
- Click on the Project field
- Click on the + sign at the top right corner
Reports screen shows you how much time you've tracked each day and project breakdown. It's equivalent to Dashboard in the web app.
You can choose whether you want to see:
- Weekly, monthly, or yearly data
- Just your time or time from the whole team
You can swipe left on the report to see data for the previous week/month/year, or right to see data for the next week/month/year.
Note: regular team members won't be able to see the data for the Team if you've disabled it in your workspace settings.
Profile Settings #
When you click on your account name in the side menu, you'll see the screen where you can:
- Change profile picture
- Switch workspace
- Change Time Zone settings
- Log out of your Clockify account
Settings (General) #
When you click on the Settings menu in the sidebar you'll see a general settings screen, where you can:
- Enable the option to add "mobile" tag to each time entry that's created on your phone
- Enable dark mode
- Set a default project
Default project #
If you continuously work on the same project, you can set a default project. Then, all you have to do is type what you’re working on and start the timer, and the project will be selected automatically.
You can set:
- A fixed project, which will be always used when you start a timer for an entry without a project (until you change the default project)
- Or select "Last used project", and the timer will pick up the most recently used available project from your list of time entries
Offline mode #
You can track time in Clockify on your iPhone even offline. You can create time entries manually or start/stop the timer, and newly created time entries will be saved locally on your phone. When you get back online, the app will automatically sync all time entries.
When you're offline, you will only be able to see information loaded while you were online (time entries, projects, tasks, tags, etc.). So projects, tasks, and tags are available for selection if they were loaded before you went offline.
It’s not possible to create new projects, tasks, tags, and clients while offline.
If you notice that the app is very slow, it probably means you have an unstable internet connection. In that case, enable Force offline mode in Settings to improve performance. This will make the app behave as if it's offline without you having to turn off your internet connection. After your turn off "Force offline mode", the app will automatically sync all time entries.