Install Clockify on your iPhone or iPad and track time while on the go.
Logging-in & navigation #
To use Clockify app, you first have to log in to your Clockify account:
- Enter email and password of your Clockify account
- Tap “Log in with Google” if you’ve associated your Clockify account with your Google account
- Don’t have a Clockify account? Tap on “Create an Account” to create one for free
Once you’ve logged in, you’ll be on the Time Tracker screen, where you’ll see your most recent time entries.
To navigate to other parts of the app, swipe left to open the main sidebar.
Time Tracking #
Time Tracker screen lists your 30 most recent time entries. Here you can:
- Switch between timer and manual mode: tap “> Switch entry mode”
- Create a new time entry: tap on the blue play (timer) or plus (manual) button
- Continue tracking time for a recent task: swipe left on a time entry
- Delete a time entry: swipe left on a time entry
- See the timer ticking at the bottom, if it’s running
- Edit time entries: tap a time entry or the running timer to edit
- See past time entries: swipe up from the middle of the screen
Clockify does an automatic sync every time you perform an action. If you are offline, Clockify will sync as soon as you’re online. If you don’t perform any action, you’ll have to do a manual sync by swiping down from the middle of the screen.
Creating a time entry
- Choose time entry mode
- Tap plus/play icon in the lower right corner when you start working
- Fill details (description, start/end time, project, task, billability, tags)
- If in timer mode, stop the timer when you stop working
You can also continue the timer for an existing time entry by swiping left on the time entry and tapping Continue. Then, a new time entry with the same description, project, client, and tags will be created, and the timer will start ticking for it.
Timesheet mode #
You can log how much time you’ve spent on projects for each day in the week in the Timesheet (Timesheet view has to be enabled in workspace settings first).
- Add project/task
- Tap on the field next to the added project for the day you want to log time
- Enter time
- When a new week starts, you can reuse project/task combination from last week or apply a template
Editing time entry #
To edit a time entry, simply tap on it from the Time Tracker page. If the timer is running, you can edit details of that time entry by tapping on the timer.
On Time entry details screen you can:
- Edit start and end time, as well as the date
- Select task and project (plus create project, tasks, and clients from within the app)
- Edit time description
- Mark time entry as billable
- Add/remove tags (plus create them)
Note: regular team members aren’t able to create clients, projects, and tags.
Anytime you edit something, Clockify will automatically save the changes and sync data.
To delete a time entry, go back to Time Tracker screen, swipe left on the time entry, and tap Delete.
Reports screen shows you how much time you’ve tracked each day and project breakdown. It’s equivalent to Dashboard in the web app.
You can choose whether you want to see:
- Weekly, monthly, or yearly data
- Just your time or time from the whole team
You can swipe left on the report to see data for the previous week/month/year, or right to see data for the next week/month/year.
Note: regular team members won’t be able to see the data for the Team if you’ve disabled it in your workspace.
Profile Settings #
When you click on your account name in the side menu, you’ll see the screen where you can:
- Change profile picture
- Switch workspace
- Change Time Zone settings
- Log out of your Clockify account
When you click on the Settings menu in the sidebar you’ll see a general settings screen, where you can enable the option to add “mobile” tag to each time entry that’s created on your phone and set a default project.
Default project #
If you work on the same project every day, set a default project. Then, all you have to do is type what you’re working on and start the timer, and the project will be selected automatically. You can select:
- A fixed project, which will be always used when you start a timer for an entry without a project (until you change the default project)
- Or select “Last used project”, and timer will pick up the most recently used available project from your list of time entries
Offline support #
You can track time in Clockify on your iPhone even offline.
You can regularly create time entries manually or start/stop the timer, and newly created time entries will be saved locally on your phone.
When you’re offline, you won’t be able to see your other time entries, only those that were created while you were offline and which haven’t been synced yet. Projects, tasks, and tags are available for selection if they were loaded before you went offline.
You can’t create new projects, tasks, tags, and clients while offline.
When you get back online, the app will automatically sync all time entries.