Install Clockify on your Android and track time while on the go.
Download Clockify for Android on the Play Store →
Supports Android 8.0 and higher
Log in #
To start tacking time on the app, you’ll first need to log in to your Clockify account by:
- using the email and password of your Clockify account
- or tap Continue with Google button if you’ve associated your Clockify account with your Google account
If you don’t have a Clockify account yet, you can create it by clicking the Sign up button in the upper right corner.
Custom domain and subdomain login #
Self-hosted users (Server plan) using a custom domain or users with an Enterprise plan with a subdomain can also use the Android app. To sign in open the app and:
- Find the Custom domain (Self-hosted) or Sub domain (Enterprise) link at the bottom of the app screen
- Enter your server address or subdomain and click Submit
- Log in with your e-mail and password or SSO (Single sign-on)
Once you’ve logged in, you’ll be on the Time Tracker screen, where you’ll see your most recent time entries.
Time tracking #
It is possible to track your time in Clockify Android app in two different ways, either by using a timer or adding time manually.
Clockify groups similar time entries under one expandable entry. If you wish to see entries in chronological order, go to Profile settings in the web app and turn off Group similar time entries.
There’s an autocomplete option available when you click on an entry and start typing a description.
Timer mode #
To start a timer:
- Tap + button in the lower right corner and a time entry screen will appear
- Tap the Play button on the bottom right corner to begin working
- Fill the details (description, project, task, billability, tags)
- Tap the Stop button to stop the timer and save the time entry or the Discard option in the upper right corner to discard the time entry
Add time manually #
To manually add a time entry:
- Tap + button in the bottom right corner
- Scroll or type in the time to set the duration of the time entry OR
- Tap on the start/end option on the top left corner to specify start/end time, and date
- Fill in the details (description, project, task, billability, tags)
- Tap the Save button to save the time entry or the Discard button in the upper right corner to discard the time entry
Tip: You can type in the time if you tap the numbers on the scroller rather than scrolling through the numbers to get to the hour you need.
Editing a time entry #
To edit a time entry simply click on the entry itself and an Edit time entry screen will appear where you can:
- Edit start and end time, as well as the date by tapping the Start/End option in the upper left corner
- Select task and project (plus create projects and tasks from within the app)
- Edit time description
- Mark time entry as billable
- Add/remove tags (plus create them)
On the Time tracker screen, when you tap the three little dots in the time entry card you’ll find more options:
- Continue that time entry
- Duplicate that time entry
- Access the edit time entry screen and edit the time entry details
- Delete the time entry
You can also continue a previous time entry from the Time tracker list by tapping the play button on the time entry (just below the three little dots). Note that this will start a new timer with the exact same details as the entry where you tapped the play button.
You can see all your time entries in a Calendar view (available in the sidebar menu).
- Tap on a time entry to edit it, or to continue a timer for it
- Add a new entry by tapping + sign at the corner
- Navigate to other days by clicking on a date
- See when you have time off
Timesheet mode #
To add time to timesheet:
- Click on plus sign
- Select project/task
- Click on the day you wish to add/edit time for
- Select or enter duration, start/end time, and add description/tags
- Save entry
To see the Timesheet in Android app, you first need to enable Timesheet view in Clockify’s workspace settings.
To submit a week for approval, go to the web version of Clockify.
Submitting for approval #
If your workspace have approval enabled, you’ll be able to submit weekly timesheets for approval.
- Open Time Tracker or Timesheet
- Navigate to the week you wish to submit
- Click SUBMIT
- Review and confirm by clicking SUBMIT
All submitted weeks will have PENDING label next to them. To withdraw the submission, tap on the pending label and then tap Withdraw.
All approved weeks will have APPROVED label next to them, and the entries will have the approved checkmark. You can’t edit approved time. But, you can add new time entries (if the week isn’t locked) and submit it for another approval.
Requesting time off #
- Open Time off from the sidebar (if you don’t see it, make sure you have Time off enabled in workspace settings)
- Tap + to create a request
- Select time off policy (e.g. vacation, sick leave, etc.)
- Select dates and/or time
- Add a note (optional)
- Tap on the checkmark in the bottom corner to make the request
Once your request is approved, you’ll get an email and requests will have approved status.
In the timeline screen you can see all your requests and their status, and all holidays.
In the balance screen, you can see how much time off you’ve accrued, used, and have available broken down by each policy.
Recording expenses #
- Open Expenses from the sidebar (if you don’t see it, make sure you have Expenses enabled in workspace settings,)
- Tap + to add a new expense
- Select category
- Enter amount
- Select project
- Choose date
- Optional: add a note and/or a receipt (either by attaching an image or by taking a photo using your phone’s camera)
You can see breakdown of your and your team’s tracked time directly in the app in the Reports section (available in the side menu).
- Select date by tapping on the active date (e.g. by tapping This week)
- Go to next/previous period by tapping < or >
- Switch between breakdown for Me and Team by tapping the filter button (next to the < and >)
- Tap on the bar chart to see total just for that day
- Tap on the pie chart to see total just for that project
For more control (such as grouping, filtering, sharing, and exporting reports), you can use Reports in the web version.
You can see if you have a running timer, plus start and stop the timer on your phone without having to open the app. You can enable and disable them in Settings.
When enabled, the notification will appear when you start the timer. You can remove it by swiping (this doesn’t affect the running timer).
If you stop the timer via the notification, the timer will be stopped but the notification will remain in the status bar so you can continue the timer again later.
If you don’t have a running timer, the notification will display your latest time entry so you can quickly start the timer for it again.
Menu options #
To find the app’s menu tap on the three horizontal lines located in the upper left corner. In this menu you can:
- Switch Workspace
- Go to timesheet
- Go to Projects (add new projects, edit existing projects and create clients)
- Go to Settings (set default project, enable dark mode, and show notifications)
- View reports
- Get help
- Contact support
- Log out
Create projects, clients and tags #
Regular (non-admin) team members are not able to create projects, tasks, and tags if they are not granted these permissions. To give them such permissions, you will need to log in via Web browser and in the Workspace settings set Who can create projects and clients, Who can create tasks and Who can create tags to Everyone.
Adding a new project #
- Tap on three horizontal lines on the upper left corner to open the sidebar menu and select Projects
- Tap the + button on the bottom right corner
- Name the project
- Set it as billable/non-billable, public/private, select a client, and change the color
- Tap Save button to create a project
Adding a new client #
A new client can only be created while creating a new project.
- Open the sidebar and select Projects, then tap + button to add a project
- Tap on Client option within the project section
- Tap the + button in the bottom right corner
- Name the client and tap Add to add a new client
You can simply cancel the project creation at this point by tapping the back button on your phone if you just want to add a new client without creating a project.
Adding a new tag #
A new tag can only be created while creating/editing a time entry.
- Tap a time entry from the list to edit an existing or + button to create a new time entry
- Select Tags option
- Tap + button on the bottom right corner
- Name the tag and tap Add to create a new tag
Here you can also rename existing tags by tapping on the three dots next to the tag.
You can simply discard the time entry at this point by tapping the back button on your phone if you just want to add a new tag without creating a time entry.
Tap the three horizontal lines located in the upper left-hand corner and select Settings where you can:
- Set a default project
- Enable dark mode
- Show notifications
Default project #
If you continuously work on the same project, you can set a default project in the app’s Settings. Then when you start the timer or add a time entry, the project will be selected automatically.
You can select:
- A fixed project, which will be always used when you start a timer for an entry without a project (until you change the default project)
- Or select Last used project, and the timer will pick up the most recently used available project from your list of time entries
Note: if Default project is enabled, you won’t be able to have a time entry without a project assigned. Also, if you edit a previous entry that’s without a project, the app will automatically assign it to a default project.
Offline mode #
You can track time in Clockify on your Android even offline.
You can create time entries manually or start/stop the timer. Entries made while offline will be saved locally on your phone. Once you get back online, they’ll get synced with your web account automatically.
When you’re offline, you will only be able to see information loaded while you were online (time entries, projects, tasks, tags, etc.). So projects, tasks, and tags are available for selection if they were loaded before you went offline.
It’s not possible to create new projects, tasks, tags, and clients while offline.
If you notice that the app is very slow, it probably means you have an unstable internet connection. In that case, enable Force offline mode in Settings to improve performance. This will make the app behave as if it’s offline without you having to turn off your internet connection. After your turn off Force offline mode, the app will automatically sync all time entries.
If you are using the app in the offline mode, please make sure you’ve synced your time entries with the cloud prior to logging out. If you fail to do that, all the data that is not synced at the moment of logging out, will be lost.