Track time while on the go from your Android phone.
Before you can start tracking time, you first have to have a Clockify account (you can create one here for free).
Once you have an account, type your email and password to log in. You can also log in with your Google account.
Time tracking #
You can keep track of your time in Clockify Android app in three ways:
- Use a timer – Simply write what you’re working on and start the timer with one tap
- Add time manually – Enter how much you’ve worked (eg. 1.5 for 1h30min) and tap “Add”
- Timesheet (coming in the future) – Enter all your work hours in a timesheet at the end of the day
Continue timer #
You can quickly continue a timer from a previous time entry:
- Find time entry for which you want to continue tracking time
- Tap on its play icon
- A new timer will pick up that time entry’s details (description, project, tag, billability) and start ticking
Add time manually #
To add time, first change time tracking mode by tapping on the menu icon in the upper right corner and choosing “Manual”. Then, you can enter duration, tap Add, and fill what you’ve worked on in the next screen.
Edit time details #
You can edit any time entry simply by tapping on them and changing whatever you want to change:
- Add project and task
- Add tags
- Change description
- Change start/end time and duration
- Mark as billable
To delete a time entry, tap on a time entry to bring out its details, and tap Delete (located next to the Done button).
Switch Workspace #
To switch Workspaces on the Android app, tap the little hamburger icon, go to Settings, and choose the Workspace you’d like.
Offline support #
You can track time in Clockify on your Android even offline.
You can create time entries manually or start/stop the timer. Entries made while offline will be saved locally on your phone. Once you get back online, they’ll get synced with your web account.
When you’re offline, you won’t be able to see your other time entries, only those that were created while you were offline and which haven’t been synced yet.
Projects, tasks, and tags are not available while offline.
Reporting (coming soon) #
In-app reports help you see where you spend most of your time, broken down by day, month, and project. For more extensive reporting, use the reports in the web version.
Other upcoming features #
- Notification in the status bar that the timer is running
- Default project for new time entries
- Create projects and tags within the app
- Shortcuts (@project #tag $)